Photo © Rubber Manufacturer's Association
National Tire Safety Week is over. I'm sure you've all been thinking about tire safety all week while attending all those tire safety parties and events, but that's all done now. We can go back to not thinking about tire safety for another year.
Or not. You don't really have to think about tire safety year-round like I do, but it's always good to have some basic tips in mind. Here are some of the best links from Tire Safety Week 2012.
- Brad Keselowski and Phillip the Tire kick off National Tire Safety Week.
- Phillip the Tire: America Needs Inflation!
- The Rubber Manufacturer's Association Tire Safety Page.
Cooper Tire partnered this year with a number of "mommy-bloggers" and "daddy-bloggers" to get the tire safety message out, offering the bloggers a set of Cooper tires for review and working with them to produce some tire safety videos.
- Along with their video, DadCentric posted a thoughtful piece on the role of tires in avoiding massive accidents with kids in the car. As a toddler Dad myself, it took all of 5 minutes for DadCentric to hook me for life, especially this List of Father's Day Demands. Brilliant.
- DadDoes reviewed Cooper's CS4 Touring tires.
- The Suburban Mom killed it with this list of tire safety tips aimed at Moms, and so did 5 Minutes For Mom.
- Good Morning America got in on the action as well.
And finally, from Nissan comes the "Easy-Fill Tire Alert System" which will now come standard on many Nissan vehicles. Essentially, the system works with the TPMS sensors to not only tell you when tires are low, but does away with the need for a pressure gauge when filling tires with air! It works by turning on the hazard flashers when air is being put into the tire, and chirping the horn when the pressure is correct. I think that's pretty darn cool.
Be Tire Safe and Happy Driving!